The Federal Specialties Team provides business development and strategic management consulting focused on providing a comprehensive approach to growth. With over 35 years of combined experience consulting with CEOs of small and mid-size companies, we provide the most innovative approaches to developing and growing firms. We offer the following to support your business growth:
- Strategic Planning: Clarify the overall purpose and desired results of an organization, as well as how those results will be achieved. A strategic plan is intended to accomplish three important tasks:
- To illuminate the outcomes that an organization wishes to achieve
- To select the broad strategies that will enable the business to achieve those outcomes
- To identify the ways progress can be measured
- Business Development: Identify the key markets for growth and the specific strategies to reach those and existing markets. We help you develop the critical relationships to meet your mission in the public sector market (Federal, state and local, with expertise in Maryland, Virginia, Washington, DC, Delaware and Pennsylvania) and in private sector markets.
- Marketing Strategy Design: Specify the tactics that will allow a business to leverage limited resources, increase sales and achieve a sustainable competitive advantage.
- 8(a), Hubzone, Minority and Women-Owned Certifications and Implementation: Utilize industry-recognized certifications as another avenue to supplement business growth.
In addition to the services outlined above, Federal Specialties can also provide:
- Guidance on developing an implementation plan for 8 (a) certification
- Advisory services on minority certifications to support client goals
- Assistance with social and economic narratives
- Assessments of net worth and annual revenues
- Business legal formations and business relationship analysis
- Analysis of company financials for certification submission
- 8(a) mentor/protégé advisement if appropriate
- GSA Schedule proposal support
- Participation opportunities for GWAC subcontracting
- Advice for getting started in Federal contracting for emerging businesses
- GSA compliance review
- Federal dollars and contact action analysis
- Competitive analysis
And our most comprehensive, full service business development package includes one-on-one consulting along with these additional services:
- A review of your by-laws, financial statements, taxes, meeting minutes, articles of incorporation or organization, business history, organizational charts and economic and social (if applicable) narratives. We will determine whether these enclosures meet the SBA requirements; if they require modification, we can also assist (for an additional fee).
- Evaluation of the business ownership, control, size standard compliance, and economic and social disadvantage (if applicable) of the applicant and/or the business.
- An analysis of your corporate and financial documents (e.g. P&L statements, balance sheets, etc.).
- An assessment of any requests for SBA Required Length in Time in Business SBA Waivers.
- Identification and documentation of specific areas of the 8(a) BD application that must be changed in order to prevent a problem with the SBA, as well as recommendations for changes.